Tuesday, November 18, 2008

#7 Holiday!

The coolest holiday would be world wide Kids day! There is a Fathers day and a Mothers day but not a kids day. Kids deserve this special day just as much if not more than parents. Just like any other holiday, no school or work for the kids parents. On kids day, there is a song to sing and parents would give their children lots of presents. The symbol that best represents Kids day would have to be a smiley face, because that's how kids are, always happy. Some traditions would consist of gathering at public scenes and playing together. The morning of this wonderful day, the parents would make breakfast in bed for their children. Also they would do all of the homework for their child. Both lunch and dinner would be spent with the family and it would consist of what ever the child wished. The end to the day would be spent with the child's best friends. To prepare for this massive, important day, parents would buy lots of gifts and decorate the house hold. The historical reason for this awesome holiday is that kids are the next generation of gifted people. Why not celebrate this. Color themes for this day would be rainbow colors or their specific favorite ones. This would truly become a phenomenon.

3 comments:

sisu said...

This is a holiday we need. It sounds like you have your activities spread out good between spending time with friends and family. My favorite part about this holiday is having our parents do our homework. I hope my parents remember calculus! Also, it's sweet that we would have school off. Overall good idea for a holiday. Maybe someday it will be celebrated.

souledout4 said...

We kids need some appreciation. I think breakfast in bed provided by the parents would be creepy, though. I don't want that much attention from my parents, I just want to go out and have fun! So I would ignore that tradition and just take the presents. I also would not trust my parents to do my homework. I vote for NO homework instead! I would be fine with the decorations of the household so long as I wouldn't have to clean them up. The best part of this holiday is no school.

tomorrowiswaiting said...

I used to ask my mom why there wasn't a kid's day and I might have to agree with her response. Every time, she would say "every day that isn't mother's or father's day is kid's day." I suppose this would be Super Kids Day because my parents don't do my homework on a regular basis. I also love that we would get school off. I suppose we wouldn't have homework that day anyway. I would want to eat as much little kid food as possible like juice and mac & cheese. I also like that the time is spent equally with friends and family because, although my parents are great, a holiday celebrating our generation should be shared with our peers!